Following clarification from the Government and England Golf, a copy of which is attached, of the relaxing of the lockdown rules, please see below the amended document regarding procedures for playing golf at Mullion from Wednesday. With the changes to the rules, details of how to book a tee time on the new system will be sent tomorrow morning.
I hope this email finds you well and you are continuing to cope in these unprecedented times. As you are aware, there is talk of easing restrictions which will result in our golf course re-opening on Wednesday, which is great news.
As a club we have a duty of care to our members and have put in place a plan to reduce drastically the chances of infection at our club. The main criteria that we felt we had to meet were as follows:
Safety, Risk, Fair, Recovery, Track & Trace, Easy to follow, Enjoyable Golf Experience.
These rules will be reviewed by the committee as time and circumstances dictate and will remain in force until otherwise notified. There will be Marshalls on the course at points throughout the day to strengthen our commitment to government restrictions.
• We are open to members, their guests and visitors. Visitors must call the office or pro-shop to book, paymnet required at time of booking.
• We will be open for 18-hole golf and will extend the times to up to 3 balls from Thursday 4th June whilst maintaining social distancing.
• Tee times will remain every 10 mins
• Please avoid booking Sat/Sun if you can, so those members still working are able to play
• All Competitions are cancelled until further notice. Competitions are scheduled ot re-start w/c 15th June.
• You must book either online, or with the secretary or pro shop. All players names must be entered when booking.
• Tee times can be booked 7 days in advance and are limited to 7 tee times in a 7 day period.
• Monday – Friday 8am & 7am Saturday – Sunday
• There will be no turn up and play, anyone without a booking will be turned away. No play outside these hours.
• The pro shop will be open (with some restrictions).
• The Men’s and Ladies changing rooms and restroom facilities will remain closed. Please make arrangements before arriving at the club.
• The clubhouse will remain closed.
• The practice nets will be open, for warm up immediately before your tee time.
• The practice green can be used by two people immediately before your tee time only.
• Practice range is open, times must be pre-booked. Priority is given for Chris coaching members
On the course
• SOCIAL DISTANCING MUST BE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES.
• The flags are to be left in and not to be touched.
• The holes have been filled allowing the ball to drop one inch or so.
• Do not pick up stray balls
• Only retrieve your own ball, do not share equipment.
• Bunkers will be without rakes, so please smooth bunkers with your foot/iron. Divot/footprint in a bunker, (if agreed by your opponent) you may take a relief in bunker or 2 shot penalty drop outside.
• Buggies are to be booked in advance through pro shop/secretary (restrictions apply)
• All benches and ball washers have been removed.
• To ensure that social distancing is always observed some tees will be moved forward. all 4th & 7th tees will move forward and the men’s 9th, 13th & 18th winter tees will be used.
Arrival and departure
• You must arrive no earlier than 30mins before your tee time and follow the direction flow to ensure social distancing.
• Please use right hand side of carpark where possible also try to leave some distance between cars.
o Please take time to read the attached example “ON ARRIVAL”
• Players must change in the car park and have their equipment with them, (If players have equipment in their lockers, they must arrange with the secretary in advance to remove them and take them home with them on completion of their round.)
• Upon completion of your round you must return to the car park and leave immediately
Considering the current Covid 19 pandemic, and in line with “PLAY SAFE, STAY SAFE guidance you MUST agree to the above code of conduct prior to completing your online booking. For the safety of all, Members are always requested to adhere to these conditions. Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action and could result in the course being closed for all.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLY WITH THESE CONDITIONS DO NOT PLAY.
If you see a member of staff, in particular the greenkeepers, and wish to thank them for all their work during the lockdown period then a smile, wave or thumps up will suffice, please do NOT approach them and try to have a conversation.
Keep safe, enjoy your golf, and please respect all the rules.